6.3.26

CCR #3

 How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

    I faced many struggles throughout the duration of this project. After each mistake, I try my hardest to learn and grow from it to improve. My editing was already good prior to the project because of my experience editing You-Tube-style videos for fun from middle to early high-school, but I felt it improve greatly while editing different takes of my opening. You-Tube vlog style editing and film editing are distinctly different. Although I am doing a comedy for my opening, the humor is delivered in a different manner than when I would just rant to my camera and send it to my friends. It's much less like a personal diary entry and more like a visual re-enactment of those events without the personal narration. 

    I also improved my shots. I initially struggled to diversify my shots as I couldn't help but provide the same boring mid-shot/counter-shots as my piece heavily relies on dialogue and the interaction between characters. When creating my script I would sit there with my finished dialogue and my notes from class in the beginning of the year and just run the scene in my head over and over with different shot ideas and wrote down what I found to be the most interesting and fitting for what then scene called for. Strangely I also feel that my background in theatre and blocking has helped me as I understand how and where people should be placed in a scene to best enhance the performance and provide a specific feeling to the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"break a leg." Film opening and CCR's

Here's my film opening "break a leg." and CCR's! I worked very hard on them I hope you enjoy watching them just as much as...